Career Level Manager
Experience 3 Years
Do you come from an events agency background, with extensive experience operating event production systems and streaming platforms (highly skilled in A/V and technical direction) used to working simultaneously across multiple large scale (live & virtual) events, managing complex currency budgets of £1m +?
Do you excel using CAD and have the ability to draft plans? Do you have an-depth understanding of all technical disciplines, including sound, lighting, video, set construction and rigging?
Does your experience span working on events that range from small bespoke conferences (circa 200 delegates) up to large Summits with over 10,000 attendees, keynotes for 5,000 people, 10 x breakout rooms, private parties, launches, experiential marketing campaigns as well as exhibitions – working on 2000 Sqm (+) exhibition stand builds?
And are you able to travel in the UK and internationally – for site inspections and event delivery?
If your answers are YES to the above, our client, an award-winning events agency who works with big names in Tech, Cloud and Corporate is looking for an experienced Production Manager to come on board and work their magic!
The role is based in London and reports into the Operations Director.
CORE SKILLS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, prepare and drive a project timeline as well as be responsible for adhering to the expectations and goals of this timeline.
- Prepare internal & external technical production costings, schedules and budgets
- Crew liaison and management
- Management of project CAD plans, including the creation of detailed staging, seating and site plans to ensure all attendees have a positive experience, achieving good sight lines and readability for all and a safe and swift flow of delegates around the venue
- Health & Safety and CDM preparation – RAMS
- On-site technical management to ensure smooth, timely, high quality event delivery
- Keep abreast of new technology, equipment and innovations and knowledge share with clients and team members
- Collaboratively work with colleagues and clients to help translate creative ideas into practical reality in terms of staging, seating, audio visual requirements and props, while taking into consideration the space available, budget, timescales and health and safety requirements, whether it be digital or live experiences
- Prepare and manage budgets in multiple currencies on an on-going basis, ensuring 100% accuracy with any fluctuations justified, adhering to internal processes including recording quotes, creating PO’s, payment schedules, processing invoices accurately and post event reconciliation. When supporting larger projects, you will be expected to own areas of the budget, where regular reporting will be essential
- Manage supplier relationships across EMEA; sourcing, briefing, negotiating and ensuring deadlines and budgets are met. Challenge suppliers when they are not meeting expectations in terms of delivery, service or commercial performance
- Take ownership of all aspects relating to the production of events pre/ on-site/ post, effectively liaising with colleagues, suppliers and suppliers to implement the production requirements, address any issues, own and solve problems and adapt plans as required, in order to meet client expectations and to deliver an exceptional event
- Manage small teams providing day to day guidance and support as required, sharing knowledge and experience to develop their skills and demonstrate the values at all times
- Actively liaise with team leadership to provide feedback and suggestions on possible enhancements and improvements or alternative ways of approaching the technical production offering to clients
RECONCILIATION & POST EVENT
- Ensure projects are reconciled and information is passed in a timely fashion to Finance for billing
- Actively participate in internal and external debriefs for the purposes of review and continual improvement
- Share learnings with the team from an operational, technical, content and supplier perspective
- Manage the post-event administrative process, including working with Marketing to create a case study
NEW BUSINESS – BRIEF TAKING & PITCHING
- Contribute to new business development including industry networking, building relationships, obtaining referrals and liaising with contacts within your existing network
- Contribute to elements of new business pitches including face-to-face presentations if required
Our client is offering a salary of £45k plus benefits of 28 days hols (incl public hols), additional day holiday per year of service (capped at 5), Birthday off, Fitness membership after probation, Thursday office drinks, Pay Day Friday – early finish (3pm), Team Activity Days.
If this Production Manager, is you, please do get in touch with me, Ivy Farrell, by selecting the apply button below and attaching your latest CV.