Career Level Director
Experience 5 Years
CAN YOU IMPRESS?
Are you passionate and experienced in creating and delivering unique events/experiences that bring client success?
Are you strong on event/exhibition strategy and planning, deadline driven with solid project management and organisational skills? Do you enjoy taking the lead on big large-scale corporate live events and exhibitions – working on them from beginning to end?
Our client, an award-winning events agency who works with big names in the Tech/Cloud space is looking for an experienced Project Director to come on board.
The role is based in London.
CORE SKILLS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Project manage high quality, complex, production-heavy events from design and planning through to onsite delivery and post events analysis
- Create and follow internal critical paths, including client and supplier deadlines
- Create internal processes, overseeing the activities and deadlines for the team
- Client, stakeholder and sponsorship relationship building and management
- Networking within the industry – attending relevant events and actively networking with clients and suppliers
- New Business opportunities with existing clients and sponsors
- Supplier sourcing, negotiation and management with the ability to scope new, innovative, high quality event partners
- Venue sourcing (incl. international venues) – site visits, contracting, with a focus on quality and cost reduction
- Attend venue site visits and create site visit reports for internal and client review
- Create onsite docs, manage host schedules, supplier and staff contact lists, crew lists, running orders, run of show and team briefings
- Create a branding scope & deliverables briefing document specific to different venues, and actively proposing branding opportunities to the client to upsell services, but also help achieve clients’ goals for the event
- Shipping of event-related materials around the world as needed
- Resource planning and management – with the ability to resource a team/freelancers based on roles required, budget accordingly, and track teams’ progress (including negotiating agreements and raising their PO’s).
- Budget management – create detailed, accurate budget processes from planning to delivery and post-event reconciliation as well as be responsible for regular reporting of budget status updates for clients and internal finances
- Keen eye on profitability levels throughout a project, maximising revenue opportunities and increased efficiencies
- Lead, mentor and guide junior team, working with team being onsite pre-event, during the event, and post-event
- Content creation – providing social media content when attending networking events, FAMs, exhibitions,etc
- Commercially minded with the ability to maximise profitability of events
- Manage pitch proposals from start to finish including creative solutions, presentation, and budget preparation, venue and supplier research through to presenting ideas to the client, which could include senior stakeholders
- Gather and share post-event feedback and learnings within the team and suppliers.
- Proven track record of client and employer confidentiality
- Confident, self-motivated with a pro-active and enthusiastic manner
- Pragmatic and able to problem solve under own steam
- Ability to attend supplier trips/fam trips and feedback on these to the rest of the team
- Able to travel when required
- Flexible working attitude
- IT literate (MS Office)
- Desirable software knowledge: Procim/Google docs
- Being multilingual would be beneficial
Our client is offering a salary of £50 – 55k plus benefits of 28 days hols (incl public hols), additional day holiday per year of service (capped at 5), Birthday off, Fitness membership after probation, Thursday office drinks, Pay Day early finish – Friday (3pm), Team Activity Days.
If this Project Director, is you, please do get in touch with me, Ivy Farrell, by selecting the apply button below and attaching your latest CV.